Montag, 3. Februar 2014

#56 Sugar, Baby!


I got some nail caviar/microbeads for my birthday from some supersweet friends of mine!
(^3^) 
(And also a lot more nail polish n_n )

I first painted a layer of a similar pink (essence in Ultimate Pink), waited for it to completely dry, and then painted a second layer to stick the beads on it. You just dip your wet nail into the pot, that's how you do it. 
I also thought that this darker silver from Skin Food, which I bought in Shanghai long time ago, would match well with the bright pink.

It's nearly impossible to get the pearls to spread evenly, that's why they looked a little crooked in my opinion. They fell off really easy on the tips, too.

I tried to fix it by appliying a top coat, but as a result, the beads looked not that shiny anymore but more of a stuck-together-mass, and my brush turned pink!!!!!
Also the colour was slightly washed away...


After about 24 hours later, my nails looked like this:
(Ever heard of Trypophobia?)

About 96% of the beads fell off!!!!!
It was somewhat annoying being careful at whatever you do all the time to protect them from falling off. (If you prepare food f.e., a good advice would be to use gloves, because you don't want little crunchy particles in your food, right?)

I removed them 2 days later, because I had enough of little pink pearls EVERYWHERE, in the shower, in the sink, in my food, in my bed...
Too bad that securing the caviar layer doesn't work well with top coat. Maybe I can use them for other creative stuff apart from my nails.

http://vimeo.com/34001754

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen